Contract buying a smartphone is the best way to get a new phone. The reason is that contracts with the carriers permit users to amortize the costs of the phone over a time period, typically 12-24 months depending upon the contract and carrier.
If you have recently bought Google’s Pixel 6a on contract with a carrier, you might have realized that the SIM of the phone is locked. The lock is there to protect users from taking the device with them and using it elsewhere. But unlocking your phone is easy and, in certain cases, even free. free.
The Pixel 6a is your smartphone. If so, you can read this article to learn how to unlock it.
Enjoy the Unlocking Pixel 6a free
You may be able to unlock your Pixel 6a’s SIM card through your carrier. free? Be careful not to get excited. There are some requirements that you must meet to make this happen.
- You need to be in good standing with your carrier, meaning that you don’t have any outstanding bills and that the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
This may vary from one carrier to the next, so it is a good idea to call them to clarify your requirements. If you have met these requirements then unlocking your SIM card is easy. Just follow the steps:
- On your Google Pixel 6a handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to pull up your phone’s IMEI number
- You can write the IMEI number somewhere, so that you have it handy later.
- For your SIM unlock code, call your carrier
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the Google Pixel 6a’s
- The SIM unlock code will only be issued to you if you have met all of the above requirements.
- Once you’ve received your code, swap out the SIM with a SIM from another carrier
- Enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
Use the internet to unlock your potential Android SIM Unlock
In the event that your carrier has refused your request for whatever reason, like you not meeting their requirements, don’t worry. There are many services that can help you. Android SIM Unlock where for a small and very affordable fee, you’ll be able to unlock the Pixel 6a’s SIM card quickly and easily, even if you’re still tied to a contract with your carrier, and here’s how.
- On your Google Pixel 6a phone, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Note the IMEI Number
- Click here Android SIM Unlock’s website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Please complete the checkout with payment details and your contact information.
- Once payment is made, you should then receive the Google Pixel 6a’s unlock code either through SMS or email
- The moment you’ve received your code, you can then swap out the SIM on your phone with a SIM from another carrier
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email, and once you’ve done that, you should be good to go
Now, once your Pixel 6a’s SIM has been unlocked, you’re free It can be used with any carrier that you choose. This is useful if you’re traveling overseas and want to buy a local SIM to save on roaming charges.
Remember that you cannot unlock the SIM without violating any contract obligations you may have with your carrier. If you’re still on an installment plan you’ll have to keep paying those, along with your bills and any other related charges.
This article could contain affiliate links to help our authors keep Phandroid running.